Bring alongs are things that you carry as compliments to your meals. They include mostly snacks and drinks.
SNACKS AND DRINKS
SWISS MOCHA MIX
• One and a quarter teaspoon of cocoa powder
• Three tablespoons of sugar
• Three tablespoons of instant coffee granules
• Six tablespoons of powdered milk
Combine instant coffee granules, powdered milk, cocoa powder and sugar in a medium bowl. Place gently until everything is incorporated. Pack your mixture in a zip lock bag. At your campsite, mix one and a half hot water with two tablespoons of coffee.
CAFÉ BAVARIAN MINT MIX
• Two hard mint candies (crushed)
• A third cup of sugar
• A quarter cup of instant coffee granules
• A quarter cup of powdered creamer
• Two tablespoons of cocoa powder
Combine sugar, cocoa powder, instant coffee granules, powdered creamer, sugar and crushed mint candies. Ensure your mixture is evenly incorporated and pack the mixture in a zip lock bag. At your campsite, mix one or one and a half cups o f hot water with two tablespoons of coffee mixture.
ROCKY TRAIL HIKING MIX
• Half teaspoon of salt (optional)
• Half cup M&M’s
• Half cup dried mixed fruit
• Half-cup pumpkin seeds (shelled)
• Half-cup sunflower seeds (shelled)
• Half cup raisins or currants
• Three cups of frosted mini wheat squares
Combine M&M’S, salt, dried mixed fruit, pumpkin squares, sunflower seeds, raisins, and frosted mini wheat squares. Make sure they are well incorporated before packing the mixture in a ziplock bag.
If you are a vegetarian or dirt bagger, choose any of these recipes and enjoy campfire cooking. Also, note that a Gourmet can still prepare these recipes, but only much better or using a slightly different formula.