Not long ago, home ownership was the cornerstone of the American Dream. Then came the Great Recession, and far too many who thought they had achieved the dream realized it was an illusion. That certainly doesn’t mean home ownership is no longer a good idea, but Americans are now aware that home ownership has pitfalls. Currently, 37 percent of the population rents, while the other 63 percent owns. Deciding whether to buy or rent your next home depends on various factors, including your income, location, future plans and employment.
Renting offers a lot more flexibility than purchasing a . . .
Please log in to access this content.
If you are experiencing issues logging in, please register here.
If you are not yet a FPA member, Join Here